Wednesday 1 October 2014

Blogtember Challenge Day 29: Favourite Blogging Resources

Hello again honeys :)
Still playing catch up with the last couple of posts in the Blogtember Series.  We've reached the penultimate post and I feel equally excited to have gotten this far in the writing challenge & sad that it's almost over. 

Day 29: What are your go-to blogging resources? What would you recommend to a beginner?




Well, this is awkward :) Being a beginner myself & positively still having so, so much to learn, I'm not sure what I can bring to the table on this prompt. So, I'll share what I've found immensely useful so far, in the hope that it can help someone out there.

Microsoft Word

I save a copy of the text of each of my posts, using Word, into a named & numbered folder of it's own with any photos I've taken (in the case of tutorials or recipes) or graphics I've made.  Each of these folders live in a folder named "Blog Library."

This is in case <shudder> the unthinkable ever happens & I lose all of those hours and hours of writing & editing :/  It should also make moving my blog (eventually) less stressful on my nerves, since it takes away the fear of losing all of my work.  Back up, back up & back up again dear ones.

Pic Monkey

There are not enough good words to describe Pic Monkey. It makes designing graphics such fun, I love using it.


Camera

I know some bloggers have wonderful hi tech equipment but I just have a tiny (and adorable... there I said it!) Nikon Coolpix S2700. I love this little camera! it takes great photos, it's so tiny it can pop into the tiniest pocket and is so easy to use too :)

We all need images for our blogs & I decided early on that I wanted to take my own photos.  I knew I'd be blogging recipes & much as I'd love to be able to illustrate them with magazine worthy images like other far more professional (and talented) bloggers, well, my little efforts are mine and I love them anyway :)


Backgrounds

Creating my own blog images is definitely a learning process and as I blogged recently I discovered an easy, and very inexpensive, way to improve my images using blank canvas.  You can read about it here honeys.


Notebooks

I'd be lost without my little notebooks :) I'm constantly writing notes to myself. Ideas for future blog posts, recipes I'd like to blog, ingredients I'd need to buy.  Countless thoughts that I try to capture throughout the day, if I don't write them down right away.... like that, they're gone :)

I'm still trying to learn to code but HTML doesn't seem to like me at all :) I'll figure it out eventually, I hope :)  So honeys, for what it's worth, this has been what keeps Rosie's Cottage blogging. I'm looking forward to hearing what you've all recommended. Till next time dear ones, hugs always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment