Friday 15 May 2015

Rosie's Cheesy Scrambled Egg On Toast

Hi honeys
I hope you're well and you've had a great week.  I'm still battling this dreadful chest infection I'm afraid, which is why I haven't posted anything I had planned to post this past week. I'll try to catch up though, hopefully over the next week or so. 

Today though I thought I'd share an old favourite :)  I've been making this recipe for so long I can't remember ever not :) Is it even a recipe? I really don't think it is honeys :) It's just a few very basic ingredients thrown together to make something really yummy :)

Rosie's Cheesy Scrambled Eggs On Toast - The perfect, and yummiest, breakfast, brunch or snack :)

The best thing about this quick and super-easy snack is that it's a meal of many uses :) This yummy dish makes a fabulous breakfast (or brunch) on a lazy Sunday, or if you have wee ones at home it would make a smile-making, really quick to rustle up, after school treat :)

There are only four ingredients & you'll already have them in your fridge & pantry.  Just bread, eggs, milk & cheese. That's it.  If this got any easier to make honeys, the ingredients would plan a get together on the kitchen stove and it would make itself :)

Rosie's Cheesy Scrambled Egg On Toast


1. Make toast.  To make this healthy as well as yummy I use wholemeal bread, but use your favourite.  Again, you decide on whether to butter your toast or not, I do but it's your choice.  Place your toast to one side for now.

2. Fetch a saucepan to make your scrambled eggs :)

Tasty Scrambled Eggs


You'll need eggs (around two medium eggs per person)
A little milk & a wee knob of butter/margarine for the pot :) 
Salt & pepper to taste

a) crack all of your eggs into a bowl, beat until thoroughly mixed, add a little milk & season with your salt & pepper. 

b) Place saucepan on a medium heat on the stove, add your wee bit of butter/margarine

c) Once butter/margarine has melted, carefully "swirl" it around the base of the saucepan to avoid your egg mixture sticking.  Pour your egg mixture into the saucepan and turn the heat down till it's on a low setting.  I've always thought the best scrambled eggs take time and a wee bit of patience. I usually have too much of the first and not enough of the latter :)

d) Keep stirring your egg mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula, keeping a good eye on it so that it doesn't burn. Don't "do a Rosie" &  get bored & wander off  :)

e) It'll cook in a few minutes, but it always feels like ages :)

Alternatively:

Crack eggs into a microwavable bowl, add milk, salt & pepper and pop into the microwave on "high" for 4 minutes. Remove, beat again with a fork. Pop back into microwave again for approx. 1-2 minutes or until light & fluffy.

3. Warm the grill.  If your cooker doesn't have a separate grill (I've seen new cookers that don't, can't get my head around that one but hey ho, different strokes I suppose, I do love my grill :) if you're grill-less, you could use the oven, since it will only be in a short time, just long enough to melt the cheese :)

4. Arrange your slices of toast onto the grill pan, and carefully spoon a little scrambled eggs onto the toast slices.

5. Grate or slice your favourite cheese, we always use Scottish cheddar (Hubby loves the extra mature because of its stronger flavour, I just love cheese :)

6. Top each of your toast & scrambled egg slices with your cheese and place under the grill until the cheese is bubbling and has browned just a little.

7. Serve while still hot & wait for the compliments :)         

Rosie's Cheesy Scrambled Eggs On Toast

Why not try mixing a little chopped crispy bacon through your eggs?  Or add some thinly sliced fresh tomatoes to the top just before serving? Yum!! Enjoy honeys :)

 There are so many variations of this lovely savoury toast treat to make. I made this for breakfast today because I haven't been eating very much this week (horrible chest infection -ick!) and it occurred to me that it's perfect when a poorly patient is off their food, even if she has to go make it herself :)  

So, what's your favourite breakfast or lunch treat honeys?  Do you have any favourites you want to share?  Well, dear ones, sitting up typing this has drained most of my energy reserves I'm afraid.  Till next time dear ones, stay safe & warm and have a fabulous weekend, hugs always xx

Hugs always, Rosie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment